Looking for Undergraduate study?
We at ScotsGrad understand that the one of the hardest decisions at the time of completion of your higher secondary education (Std 12, International baccalaureate or A levels) is to make up your minds on what to study. We are also aware that this is the most difficult time for your parents too and to ensure that you have chosen the right path, we make sure you have a dialogue with our counsellors before you decide on what field you wish to study.
We strongly recommend at this stage a psychometric profiling to make you aware of your personality. We take painst to ensure that the programme of study suits your personality as it surely would not be an enjoyable three of four years of study if otherwise. You are only as best as what you believe. However, if you have a strong conviction of what you wish to pursue, it would still mean that you would need to talk to our counsellors who shall validate your thinking. Our counsellors are truly counsellors, not application filling agents. We shall not talk about any course until we are sure of what you like to do. For all undergraduate study programmes, we encourage your parents to also be in touch with us but the counselling shall take place with the student directly.
Estimated tuition fees and cost of living
The living costs has much to do with one’s own life style and depending on where your university is located, it can range from 700 GBP per month to 1,000 GBP per month
From Counselling to Departure to the UK
1. Counselling process
- Get in touch with us for counselling and this interaction would initially be between you and our internal ScotsGrad counsellor. Do not underestimate the counselling time period, this may take weeks, especially if you are unsure about your field of study. We shall explore the various area of study depending on the interests .If there arises a stage where you are to choose between two options, we consider this as an opportunity for you to speak to subject matter experts (external counselor) on these final two choices before making the decision. They may or may not be the same person depending on how different the subject areas are.
- Once we are through with the decision on the field of study, we shall move on to the next step, with your parent’s consent, the university selection in connection to the course finalised.
2. Choosing the University
3. Application Process
What you need are the following;
- Mark sheets obtained thus far in your Std 12
- Passport or Birth certificate (you need to however plan to get your passport if you do not have one already)
- Two academic references (both from teachers in your School). These Letters of Recommendations are important for the application process
- Statement of Purpose. This is a personal one page document on the rationale to pursue the field of study. You have to be able to tell the admissions panel why you have chosen the course of study, what your future plans and intentions are in terms of your career.
ScotsGrad can, on special cases, help to proofread or fine tune the SOP documents as an additional service to you.
A large number of UK universities are part of the UCAS (University central admission system) where in candidates apply for courses through a common admission system with choices of 5 courses of study. However, a significant number of universities are now opening up windows for direct applications, so we may or may not choose the UCAS application process depending on which course and university we have decided already. UCAS has an application fees of 22.00 GBP for one course and 26.50 GBP for maximum of 5 courses.
ScotsGrad does not charge any fees for our counselling and services rendered. You pay absolutely nothing to us unless you choose to do a psychometric profiling which costs Rs 4900 for assessment and feedback.
4. University Offers (Acceptance and Rejection)
5. Accommodation Support
6. Preparation for Visa
7. Preparation for Course
8. Visa Application
- Once the CAS letter is received, you are now ready to apply for your Student Tier 4 Visa. You are strongly recommended not to buy your air-ticket until the visa is granted.
- We support in your online visa application and ensure you have all the relevant information required for your visa application. It is very critical to get all the parameters correct before making the application.
- Post online application filing, you need to appear on the date as booked for hard copies of your application to be submitted at the VFS office.
9. Visa Approval
The visa is physically stamped in your passport and you are now good to go ahead to make all your travel arrangements.
10. Ticketing and Packing
11. Pre-departure Briefing
12. Departure to the UK
Ensure you have all the documents pertaining to your study in your hand luggage.