University of Strathclyde is sited in Glasgow’s City Centre. It is a 5-star QS rated university. The campus is premeditated with leading edge teaching facilities and student support services. The university works closely with business, industry and policy – makers for the benefit of the society. The university has four faculties namely
- Strathclyde Business School
- Humanities and Social Science
The university is one of the only 90 business schools in the world to hold triple accreditation (AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS) and offers a wide range of courses in all disciplines. According to The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021, Strathclyde University is ranked number 1 for subjects allied to medicines and ranked 5th for biological sciences. Accounting & Finance, Communication & Media Studies, Economics, Business Studies are Ranked in top 7 in the UK, says The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021. The university is known for its Engineering department which is termed as the largest department in Scotland. Strathclyde has strong links with overseas universities, industries and has international partners in Europe, Australia, Singapore, China and the US.
Life in Strathclyde University
To get a preview about life in Strathclyde University, check out the ScotsGrad’s short video based on Alumni experiences here where we have covered critical aspects such as Rankings, Cost of living, access to food, nearby attractions and other key points of consideration.
It is one of the largest engineering faculty in Scotland. It offers courses that are accredited by professional engineering institutions except Biomedical Engineering. The department offers its students hands – on industry experience through its industrial links with organizations such as BP, Iberdrola, The Royal Academy of Engineering, The Lloyd’s Register Foundation and Atkins. The department has distinct facilities that include the Advanced Forming Research Centre, the Power Networks Demonstration Centre and the Advanced Space Concepts Lab. According to The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021, The department is ranked 5th for Chemical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering and ranked 7th for Civil Engineering.
The department offers more than 40 courses specialised in
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical & Process Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Design, Manufacturing & Engineering Management
- Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Naval Architecture, Ocean & Marine Engineering
and has a flexible approach to study which permits the scholar to combine different subjects such as Electrical and Mechanical Engineering or Engineering with business studies, management and international studies and more.
The department of Engineering in Strathclyde offers an Engineering Academy program which is an alternative route into the university and employment as a Strathclyde student. The first year is an enhanced HNC programme with direct transfer into the second year of one of our engineering degrees. The Academy is a collaboration between the University of Strathclyde, partner colleges and the engineering industry.
The Faculty of Science in Strathclyde is one of the UK’s leading faculties of Science. Research is a crucial factor at the faculty of Science. The Science Faculty in the university has strong links with industry, partners and the NHS. According to The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021, The Faculty of Science is ranked number 1 for Subjects Allied to Medicine, Physics research and ranked 5th for Biological Science. Faculty of Science offers several courses amongst the following departments:
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
- Institute if Photonics
The Faculty of Science offers several undergraduate scholarships for international students such as Faculty of Science Undergraduate Scholarships for students from England, Wales and Northern Ireland; Faculty of Science Masters Scholarship for International Students; Faculty of Science Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students and more.
Strathclyde Business School
The Business School in Strathclyde is one of the only 90 business schools in the world to hold triple accreditation status. The Business School is esteemed for its innovation in business and management education and is a pioneer in the study of marketing. It is preferred for its Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship which supports aspiring entrepreneurs and business start-ups. According to The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021, Strathclyde Business school is ranked number 1 for Accounting and Finance; ranked 3rd for Communication and Media Studies; ranked 5th for Economics and ranked 7th for Business Studies.
Business School also allows flexible learning where the scholars can choose any combination of subjects tailored for themselves or choose from the following existing courses:
- Accounting & Finance
- Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Management Science
- MBA & General Management
- Strathclyde Executive Education & Development
- Work, Employment & Organisation
Strathclyde Business School has several international partnerships in Europe, Australia, Singapore, China and the US and has strong links with industries and the NHS including Google, Diageo, NHS, Ministry of Defence, Scottish Water, Scottish Power. Business School offers Management Development Programme which is a compulsory element to all the courses and is supported by employers including Deloitte, Procter & Gamble, and Ernst & Young.
Humanities & Social Sciences
The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences contribute to the economy, society and culture of Scotland. University of Strathclyde is known to have one of the top Law schools in Scotland. The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences have six departments viz.
- Has unique facilities such as Fab Lab, School of Education Resources Centre, SciEduLab.
- International activities have taken place in various countries across the world such as Australia, Canada, China, Europe, Germany, Hongkong, Italy and much more
- Government & Public Policy:
- Ranked top 15 in the UK for Politics, says Guardian’s University League Tables 2020.
- Centre for Energy Policy is the macroeconomic modelling of energy works closely with Engineering Faculty, Strathclyde Business School, The Law School, the Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult, and the University’s Technology & Innovation Centre to pursue interdisciplinary research.
- The School of Humanities has five departments viz.
- Journalism, Media & Communication
- Modern Languages
- Applied Gender Studies
- University of Strathclyde has one of the biggest Law Clinic in Scotland.
- Psychological Sciences & Health:
- Psychological Sciences & Health has laboratories for Psychology, the Counselling Unit, Physical Activity for Health and Speech & Language Therapy.
- The courses offered by the school are approved by the Health Professional Council.
- Social Work and Social Policy.
- The School of Humanities has five departments viz.
The University of Strathclyde has an international community of almost 23,000 students from over 100 countries. It is known for its academic excellence it has provided through world class research and teaching. Teaching building will be located in the Centre of the campus which makes it easy to access supermarkets, thrift stores, second-hand shops and boutiques, restaurants, theatres, clubs, museums and more.
ScotsGrad is a pioneer in establishing the UK, especially Scotland, as a premier destination for higher education among students in India. They provide end to end advisory services including psychometric assessment, personalised interactions, university and visa application assistance, and career guidance. The personalised interactions with our members, former graduates of leading UK universities, ensure a holistic and systematic approach. They are also the only consultancy in India enabling “career success” for any student going to the UK.
To know more, get in touch with the team through any of their social media platforms:
All the Best!